STYLED BY THE SISTERHOOD - 101 USES FOR OUR COPPER HOMEWARES
20 February 2019 - Posted by The Sisterhood of Sustainability
From stripping wire to untwisting each individual strand of copper wire, did you know that each of our copper bowls, plates and baskets take more than 9 hours to create? Endless hours have been spent in the workshop to craft the 100% recycled copper wire into beautiful and sustainable creations.
We love the gorgeous copper colour and although its an extremely time consuming process, we’re in love with the finished product. Copper can bring any space to life and we think it goes exceptionally well with fresh fruit and a bunch of freshly picked flowers.
Because of our overwhelming obsession with copper and using recycled materials to bring beauty and luxury to life, we’ve compiled this list of 101 uses for our copper homewares
1. Use one of our handcrafted copper bowls to beautifully display the fruits and vegetables that you have bought from your local farmers markets
2. Create a stunning floral arrangement in one of our Avery Baskets by picking bright, coloured flowers and fresh greenery from your garden, placing a jar of water at the bottom of the basket and arranging the blooms
3. Put one of our sparkling copper plates or bowls to use by placing fresh, fragrant bread rolls inside and displaying it on the table for your next lunch time feast
4. Collect your chicken eggs from the backyard in style by carrying one of our handcrafted baskets with you, placing the eggs inside and then carrying them back up to the house to display on the kitchen bench
5. Utilise one of our small copper bowls for storing your keys, spare change and other knick knacks
6. Host a beautiful garden party and use our sparkling copper homewares to display fresh fruit, home baked treats, fresh cheeses, locally baked breads and sustainably grown nuts
7. Display your jewellery in a unique and beautiful way by placing each piece inside one of our handcrafted jewellery dishes or small copper bowls
8. Make your next picnic extra fancy and luxurious by using our copper homewares to display your cupcakes, biscuits, slices and treats. Our Avery Baskets also make the perfect fruit bowls!
9. Use one of our baskets to display pot plants and cacti by placing a ceramic pot inside the copper basket
10. Place your hot saucepans on top of our woven copper plates to protect your table
11. Place your handcrafted bowl next to your bathroom basin and fill with small and reusable cloth hand towels in lieu of paper towels. The planet will thank you later!
12. Fill your copper bowl to the brim with crunchy apples, ripe bananas, sweet smelling oranges and juicy plums. Watch as the sparkle from the copper brings your fruit to life!
13. Use biodegradable cellophane to bundle up a copper jewellery dish, filled with treats and then pass it along to a friend as a unique and special gift
14. Place your jewellery dish beside your bed so that you have somewhere safe to put your rings and earrings before you fall asleep and have them handy for when you wake up
15. Serve a hot cup of tea up on one of our copper drink coasters and stack chocolate chip cookies around the outside so that they’re ready for dipping
16. Make your afternoon cocktails look even more enticing by serving them on our copper coasters and decorating with strawberries and mint leaves
17. Pair our copper drink coasters with our copper plates and create a beautiful and sparkling table setting with delicious food and colourful flowers
18. Want to know what’s even more magical than a beautiful indoor plant? The answer: A beautiful indoor plant perched upon a woven nest of sparkling copper
19. Why not bring your boring and plain walls to life by hanging one of our beautiful copper pieces from one of your hooks
20. Use your new and handcrafted copper plates as charger plates for your next feast and bring the table to life with a sparkle here and a shimmer over there
21.Fruit picking has never looked so elegant! Pile your bowls high with figs, lemons, pears and avocados and whatever else you can forage from your garden!
22. Looking for a unique way to serve your cupcakes? Place each one into their own small copper bowl and then decorate the outside with colourful and edible flowers
23. Our unique little copper bowls are perfect for displaying small fruits such as blueberries, strawberries & blackberries. Try using them on your next feasting table
24. While setting the table for a dinner party place a fresh bread roll inside each copper bowl and then place on top of your plates. Decorate with swirls of butter
25. Impress your guests by serving up luscious looking cocktails on our handcrafted copper plates. This is the definition of effortless and elegant style!
26.Transform your bedside table into a sparkling piece of paradise by displaying a bunch of fresh flowers and your favourite book on top of our copper plate
27. Use your copper plate as a serving board for cups of tea and homemade afternoon treats and venture out in the garden to sit under a shady tree
28. Place a crisp white ceramic plate on top of the handcrafted copper plates to create the most magical table setting for your dinner guests
29. Create a stunning feasting table like never before by using our copper plates to beautifully display colourful cupcakes, fresh fruit, pieces of banana bread, homemade chocolates and edible flowers
30. Our Honeycomb Plates make for great gifts when paired with one of our hand painted ceramic mugs which have been crafted with 100% recycled materials. Include a selection of loose leaf teas too!
We hope that you've loved reading our styling ideas for our handcrafted homewares. To discover the rest of the 101 ideas, explore our product pages for our copper pieces and also learn the inspiration and story behind each creation...
We'd love to hear which styling idea is your favourite in the comments below and if you have other creative ways that our copper homewares can be used, we'd love to hear!